Here’s how it works:
- Pick a spot, any spot on Google Maps.
- Click on the satellite or hybrid view.
- Zoom in as far as you can (optional).
- Click the “link to this page” button on the right.
- Now go up the URL and look around til you find a string that says “z=”. It will probably have a number like 18 or 19 after it.
- Change that number to 20 and hit enter.
You won’t be able to see anything with this method that you couldn’t access with Google Earth, but it’s much cooler than Google Earth because umm… because it’s a hidden feature. Yeah, that’s it.