I SO WANT ONE!!!!!!
You’ve sent in the tips, we’ve reported the issue and everyone involved has waited patiently for the gold-plated weapons download problem in Gears of War 2 to be fixed. According to the Gears 2 community manager the issue can be fixed by going through a relatively painless procedure. Here’s what you have to do to get your golden guns downloaded:
- Launch the Xbox Dashboard
- Sign into your Profile
- Go to the Marketplace blade
- Select “Account Management”
- Select “Download History”
- Under the “Games” section, select “Gears of War 2 Gold-Plated Lancer Assault Rifle”
- When the blade appears, select “Download Again”
- Wait until the “download complete” confirmation toast appears
The process should also work for the gold Hammerburst weapon given to gamers during midnight launch events.
Jump in to find out to fix the issue if you have the NXE.